Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/21/8581221/html/aaa/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
You don't know me BUT! ...
http://aaa.lasolistia.com
September 24, 2019, 03:07:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our Move Link is Posted! [Major Announcement]

Home   Help Shop Login Register Chat Forms  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't know me BUT! ...  (Read 7864 times)
Kira_Sonar
18+
RP is my drug

Awards:
Made it to Young Adult StageYA Eligibility - Vergil (wrong date)Made it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageCompleted TreatmentMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageVr Srs RperMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageHot & SteamyRP CompleterCompanion ConnoisseurMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageVery GenerousTons of Posts!Made it to Teen StageAAA > Stuff I should be doing
$8158.42 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Kira_Sonar

No News. Means No News.

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 11:37:40 AM »

I know you think of it as another desk job but surly you've had some wups situations on the job. Anything dangerous?

Name a pass time sport you'd like to try and haven't? (Such as hand gliding, golf, scuba, bungie jumping, horseback riding etc.)

Kade    Munira    Cale     Amon    Sion    Peyton    Hunter&Roxanne    Goliath    Kira    Shiva    Allegra    Cecil    Epona    Demetri    Vergil    Merrick    Zero    Haru&Maru    Eighteen    Nikita    Migi    Storm Belle    Daisuke    Azalea    Atlas    Saigon&Akira    Xerxes

Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 01:23:26 PM »

I know you think of it as another desk job but surly you've had some wups situations on the job. Anything dangerous?

The first thing I can say is that everything on those submarines is designed with enough safeguards that it will ideally be able to function normally while dealing with the side effects of near-misses from enemy fire. So, rarely do things get too far out of hand.

That being said, we are a construction environment, and we do have things go wrong from time to time. However, various confidentiality agreements preclude me from really talking about it in detail. To get an idea of how badly things could go, look at USS Thresher or the fire on USS Miami.

Generally, though, "whoops" moments are far less catastrophic & we've done a lot to make sure things like the Thresher & Miami don't happen again. The bad stuff that happens to our people (and it's still bad, just not catastrophic) is more on the level of someone getting hit with a ruptured hose, technicians getting electrocuted due to people not understanding the circuit they're testing, or someone who's worked far too long destroying cabinets by shorting high-power electricity through them.

In today's shipyards, it's unusual for something to go so wrong that anyone is killed. In general, when that does happen, it's because multiple people screwed up significantly.

Name a pass time sport you'd like to try and haven't? (Such as hand gliding, golf, scuba, bungie jumping, horseback riding etc.)

Mountain climbing and scuba make my list. Hang gliding, bungie jumping and similar would have me too afraid of having a seizure at the worst possible moment. I know, mountain climbing should fall under that "seizure risk" umbrella, but it's less adrenalin than bungie jumping (so less likely to "stress seize") and you've more control over the scenery than hang gliding (so less likely to have a sudden flash of light off the water or similar to trigger photosensitive seizures).

Horse riding, for me, is a "been there, done that"; although never more than a canter and then only once. I would like to have the opportunity to ride again, and go trail riding, though.

Science/Technology geek, Tabletop geek/nerd/lunatic, video game loser, etc etc etc...
Also, I know knew how to speak Latin.
Current Tabletop (Pathfinder in Faerun): Between games.

Kira_Sonar
18+
RP is my drug

Awards:
Made it to Young Adult StageYA Eligibility - Vergil (wrong date)Made it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageCompleted TreatmentMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageVr Srs RperMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageHot & SteamyRP CompleterCompanion ConnoisseurMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageVery GenerousTons of Posts!Made it to Teen StageAAA > Stuff I should be doing
$8158.42 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Kira_Sonar

No News. Means No News.

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 12:05:19 PM »

Wowza. Wasn't expecting that level of wups. ^^'

Know you mentioned liking Monster B movies... what are some of your favorites? (I have a few I hold dear to my heart, even if others may not enjoy or think them classics)

Name a companion characteristic you tend to enjoy most? (Such as forearm fins, tail type, odd markings, ect.)
PonyMama
aka PM
archived
RP is my drug

Awards:
YA Eligibility - LindiweObsessive Compulsive (Normals, Soli Companions, YA's)YA Eligibility - LelaMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageI hit my YA in Youngling stageCompanion HoarderLoyal MinionHot & SteamyRP CompleterMade it to Teen StageVery GenerousMade it to Teen StageMade it to Teen StageCompanion ConnoisseurI was a Pictionary Answer!Tons of Posts!
$4992.52 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to PonyMama

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »

Who's your favourite/Least favorite of my companions?

Good girls are made of Sugar and Spice,
I'm a Bad Girl made of Whipped Cream and ice!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: