Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/21/8581221/html/aaa/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
You don't know me BUT! ...
http://aaa.lasolistia.com
November 19, 2019, 03:57:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our Move Link is Posted! [Major Announcement]

Home   Help Shop Login Register Chat Forms  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't know me BUT! ...  (Read 8305 times)
Greenie
18+
I have no life but AAA

Awards:
YA Eligibility - VictoriaI threw this hedgehog a mile and all I got was this stupid awardMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageYA Eligibility - NatashaYA Eligibility - EirianYA Eligibility - CreedMost Devilish Companion-MaksimWow... two at onceCompanion RainbowYA Eligibility - NathalieDown With FertilityYA Eligibility - BlairYA Eligibility - MaeObsessive Compulsive (Bronze Collars, Demi, Domestic, Non-Mammilian, Strays, Normals, Solistia)Made it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageI hit my YA in Youngling stageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageCompanion OtakuRP CompleterMade it to Young Adult StagePlot Monster - First PlaceCompanion HoarderSmokin' HotMade it to Young Adult Stageget in my bedSoli's Anime Buddy 8DTons of Posts!PicklemongerGimpyVery GenerousRP > Homework
$4232.75 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Greenie

da mirror's like baby you da best you da best

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 08:15:28 AM »

WHAT'S IT LIKE BEING MARRIED TO KEILIN?  spill the deets, we so rarely get spouses in here to force to share dirty laundry!  8D  (well ok we've had them before but they tend to leave, we're just too much for them ;3)

"There is a reason you have first place for evil plotting" -ARC
Solistia
The Soli
Obsessive RPer

Awards:
Made it to Young Adult StageYA Eligibility - FlorryTHE GREENIE AWARD OF SHAMEMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageQueen of OrangeCrazy Old Companion LadyEpic FailNew kitty Mommy :3Watching copious amounts of anime because she's a GIMPBREAK THROUGH THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DICECompanion ConnoisseurCompleted RPAll your donut are belong to usAAA > Stuff I should be doingMade it to Teen StageGrand Pooh-Bah of Hoot
$10524.80 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Solistia

CHICKENS

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »

Woohoo, awesome stuff 8D (and I admit, I only really know nWoD myself |D). I'm interested to check out the new Demons series, and I was intrigued by the new Mummies as characters start off already powerful oAo Also i want to do Changeling too....but it's the same thing, not enough people intersted /D

ALSO OMG I WANT A 5-SIDED DICE NOW OAO (I'm also still impatiently waiting for my Double Six dice to come in ^o^

Awesome to know. I know that when I GM games I tend to take the general rules and rolls and toss everything else out the window in favor of my own world building /D (I tend to be a player more than a GM though :3)

And sweet, I shall have to check that one out 8D

.....THERE WERE NO QUESTIONS IN HERE UUUUHHHHH

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SNACK FOOD?
GUILTY PLEASURE MOVIE?

Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »

WELL HELLO

By appearance, which companion do you like best?

I promise, I'll get back to this question when I've taken the time to at least glance through them. Either that, or I'll cheat & pick from the ones in people's signatures on this thread (so anyone who hasn't asked me a question yet...)

FYI, I'm trying to do aFIFO-queue, post-per-person approach, so my apologies to anyone who might feel skipped.

Science/Technology geek, Tabletop geek/nerd/lunatic, video game loser, etc etc etc...
Also, I know knew how to speak Latin.
Current Tabletop (Pathfinder in Faerun): Between games.

Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 03:35:06 PM »

You're preaching to the choir, trust me. I had to beg, borrow and steal to get my players to try a Wild West Werewolf. (Though that actually turning out to be a lot of fun.)

One day, I will win the lottery, retire, and do nothing but run/play TTRPGs.

So you get to work on submarines? That's really amazing! Cheesy

People tell me that it's amazing, and yet, most of the time, I'm convinced it's just another desk job. But, every so often, I go down to the waterfront, and find my way aboard one of these, and it's a whole different story. A sweaty (they get hot inside, inspite of the giant air conditioners), tiring, and sometimes awesome, story.

How did you get into that? Just by chance, or is that were you specifically wanted to take your career?

Well now, it's an example of how never planning anything in my life gets me to odd places. Going all the way back to high school, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with myself.

I took classes in drama, music, art history, Latin, physics, advanced biology classes, extra English classes, psychology, calculus, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others that went beyond the basic requirements. I was in plays, the jazz band, marching band, capable of playing both oboe and tuba. Took early college classes in computer networking. I'm not saying all this to brag, so much as to say I lacked any coherent direction in life. I was applying to a few colleges, based more on "my sister went there", or "the campus looked cool" than anything I wanted to do with myself.

So, my guidance counselor was talking to me about college plans, and I went with the default theory of studying computer science. My sister had done it, my parents were computer programmers from way WAY WAY back in the day. I'm talking punch cards and mechanical switch inputs, here. She pointed out that ODU, in Norfolk, had just dumped millions into their CS department. So I applied. Short version, my favorite college wait-listed me, and ODU offered more scholarships than anyone else remaining.

Eventually, I'm graduating with a degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. So, my department advisor was talking to me about career plans, and I went with the default theory of spamming my resume. He mentions that his friend at the local shipyard is complaining that electrical engineers they interview don't know anything about motors. As an EET student, I had classes and labs in motors. We know that stuff. So, I applied. Short version, they interviewed me, they liked me, I got to tour the shipyard, go aboard the George H.W. Bush (CVN 77), walk past the North Carolina (SSN 777).

I was duly impressed by the ships, they were duly impressed by my resume. The pay was reasonable. So, for nearly the past seven years, I've built submarines (in a metaphorical sense). I've had a hand in every ship in the Virginia Class except the Virginia, herself, and the Texas.
Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 03:44:09 PM »

WHAT'S IT LIKE BEING MARRIED TO KEILIN?  spill the deets, we so rarely get spouses in here to force to share dirty laundry!  8D  (well ok we've had them before but they tend to leave, we're just too much for them ;3)

Okay, so, first of all, Keilin says if I move this to the 18+ to give you the real dirty laundry, she denies I exist.

Which means a lot of censorship.

To be fair, at a high-level, it's an odd sort of thing to try and explain. I mean, we've been married for five years, cohabitated pretty much throughout college. Really, it's hard to imagine what life without Keilin is like against which to contrast life with her. Lately, we've gotten a lot more into trying to coerce each other out of our comfort zone, with things like the Lunatic Luau & me trying to find new foods to mix into our dinners.

Also, bear in mind that I spend a good 45+ hours of each week working, or commuting. So, I'm sure she finds me rather boring.

We're practically the boring old couple, by now. Though, to be honest, that's exacerbated by our constantly having roommates. Most of whom have been charity cases or (censored for public forum)s. But, this one's the last, and Keilin and I will finally actually have our house to ourselves. Well, except when people crash here after gamenight. Or Alnaeyah sneaks into our bed to snuggle Keilin... (But, that's more something to explore in Keilin's AMA)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:48:16 PM by Chaemera » Logged
Greenie
18+
I have no life but AAA

Awards:
YA Eligibility - VictoriaI threw this hedgehog a mile and all I got was this stupid awardMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageYA Eligibility - NatashaYA Eligibility - EirianYA Eligibility - CreedMost Devilish Companion-MaksimWow... two at onceCompanion RainbowYA Eligibility - NathalieDown With FertilityYA Eligibility - BlairYA Eligibility - MaeObsessive Compulsive (Bronze Collars, Demi, Domestic, Non-Mammilian, Strays, Normals, Solistia)Made it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageI hit my YA in Youngling stageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageMade it to Young Adult StageCompanion OtakuRP CompleterMade it to Young Adult StagePlot Monster - First PlaceCompanion HoarderSmokin' HotMade it to Young Adult Stageget in my bedSoli's Anime Buddy 8DTons of Posts!PicklemongerGimpyVery GenerousRP > Homework
$4232.75 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Greenie

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 03:48:02 PM »

KEILIN'S INPUT WAS NOT REQUESTED HERE.  :|  BUTT OUT KEILIN I'M NOT ASKING YOU!  i want the dirty laundry and it want it naow
Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »

Woohoo, awesome stuff 8D (and I admit, I only really know nWoD myself |D). I'm interested to check out the new Demons series, and I was intrigued by the new Mummies as characters start off already powerful oAo Also i want to do Changeling too....but it's the same thing, not enough people intersted /D

I haven't seen too much about Demons or Mummies. Around here, nWoD was sufficiently badly received that most places aren't ordering any new stock. I have to go online even to find books.

ALSO OMG I WANT A 5-SIDED DICE NOW OAO (I'm also still impatiently waiting for my Double Six dice to come in ^o^

The only way I know to get d5's with any reliability is to get 12-dice sets of precision dice from Gamescience. I have two sets, I love them. I have no idea if they're any more "precisely random" than regular old dice. But, they have crazy-sided dice, so why would I care?

Awesome to know. I know that when I GM games I tend to take the general rules and rolls and toss everything else out the window in favor of my own world building /D (I tend to be a player more than a GM though :3)

I do a lot of the world building, I just don't want to always come up with things "whole cloth". For example, Slipshod Paradise, my Shadowrun game, was set in their world, but in a region (Hampton Roads) that was almost completely undefined by the canon Shadowrun material. As such, I got to use as much, or as little, of each world element they provided.

That being said, as I get older, and more invested in work & other non-RPG interests, I find I don't have as much time to invent new worlds out of thin air.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SNACK FOOD?

Uhm... I'm going to have to go with bacon.

If people won't let me choose bacon, my fall-back is beer.

If people argue that beer is a drink, and not a food, then Hello Panda.

GUILTY PLEASURE MOVIE?

You see all those movies back up thread that I own up to? Those Monster B-Movies? Yeah... I'm not sure you can have a "guilty pleasure" when you proudly announce your familiarity with those works.

That being said, the most embarrassing admission I can make to a movie I've watched would be Frogs.

Movie I'm "most embarrassed" to admit I like... hm... 10 Things I Hate About You
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:04:14 PM by Chaemera » Logged
Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »

KEILIN'S INPUT WAS NOT REQUESTED HERE.  :|  BUTT OUT KEILIN I'M NOT ASKING YOU!  i want the dirty laundry and it want it naow

Okay, Greenie, you're getting your wish, at least, somewhat.
Greenie
18+
I have no life but AAA

Awards:
$4232.75 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Greenie

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »

i didn't actually really intend that in an 18+ sense (to me dirty laundry is more of blackmail-worthy material) however i find this acceptable regardless
Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 08:06:42 PM »

i didn't actually really intend that in an 18+ sense (to me dirty laundry is more of blackmail-worthy material) however i find this acceptable regardless

To be fair, Kei doesn't have that much good blackmail material... that isn't 18+...

I guess some might find her tendency towards house-wifery to be blackmail worthy (she does the laundry & even folds my boxers!), but to me it's no less respectable than any other "job". Certainly better than CEO, lawyer, or politician.
Keilin Alyr
18+
RP is my drug

Awards:
ChattermonkeyRP CompleterCrazy Old Companion LadyVery Generous
$1988.64 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Keilin Alyr

causes spontaneous scooter leakage. =3

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 08:10:10 PM »

Oh heh... I misunderstood too, since dirty laundry is usually dirty talk in our social circle. XD Hey, we're modern Americans, our minds live in the gutter even if we're being straight-laced. Still, it's sexy-times talk, can't go wrong there, yeah? XD

Hmm. Other than random bizarro character talks, I can't imagine I have much damning blackmail-worthy things to worry about. I'm boring as dirt. *ponders* That being said, Chae, do you see me as having any dirty little secrets worth tempting people with? XD

Keilin Alyr - Rain Likely

Pretty Pokémon Plush (aka let's play Bribe the Muse): 0/25 points
New Super-Secret Carrot: 76/100 posts (on hold)

Greenie
18+
I have no life but AAA

Awards:
$4232.75 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Greenie

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »

i'll settle for something really embarrassing?  :3
Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »

i'll settle for something really embarrassing?  :3

To be fair, just about everything embarrasses the woman. Including the fact that she's so easily embarrassed.

I do most of the cooking. But, that's not because she's lazy and won't cook, it's because I love cooking.

She sleeps with a replica of her baby-blanket (that's right, she lost her original and was sufficiently devastated as to troll eBay to replace it). I like to call it her "binky", drives her up the wall!

She doesn't shave. I'm sufficiently neanderthal to not mind too much, but her legs get hairier than mine! And I'm a hairy guy... When she does shave, half the time she gives up about three inches above the ankles, 'cause her pants will hide the rest. Never mind how hard it is to get her in a swimsuit because of other regions she doesn't shave................

And the last time I heard her talk about something other than a roleplay character was to explain her database of critters on some click-game collectable site she plays... Awas? Some name like that.
Keilin Alyr
18+
RP is my drug

Awards:
ChattermonkeyRP CompleterCrazy Old Companion LadyVery Generous
$1988.64 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Keilin Alyr

causes spontaneous scooter leakage. =3

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 08:35:15 PM »

Heh... heh heh.

I'm gonna be over here in the corner. Uhh... contemplating my legs.

Mostly because damn, I don't normally pay attention to them, these are impressive. *pets the fuzzy fuzz*

(also, Hoshi insists, on less crass terms, to not be hatin' on the blankets, yo... XD)

So, I guess... kobolds. Yeah. Fuzzy dog people or scaly dragon people? What's your canon? =3

Also, uhh... Nae and I have both done it, and so have others. If you were to get your favorite NPC(s) or even former PC(s) done as companions, who would you choose and what animal species? Just as a quick example, I've seen Anoé as a bearded dragon and Rowan/Felix as red and silver foxes respectively.
Chaemera
18+
Avid RPer

Awards:
Surrounded by Girls
$575.43 muny

View Inventory
Send Money to Chaemera

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 09:03:38 PM »

Heh... heh heh.

I'm gonna be over here in the corner. Uhh... contemplating my legs.

Mostly because damn, I don't normally pay attention to them, these are impressive. *pets the fuzzy fuzz*

*hands Kei razor, shaving cream, and facetious scornful look*

So, I guess... kobolds. Yeah. Fuzzy dog people or scaly dragon people? What's your canon? =3
For 3.5/Pathfinder settings, scaly dragons. It's what I knew, it's what I sticks with.

For Kobolds Ate My Baby! (All Hail King Torg!), furry dog people. This probably also applies to if we ever play Dresden Files RPG.

For personal preference... I dunno. I like both.

Also, uhh... Nae and I have both done it, and so have others. If you were to get your favorite NPC(s) or even former PC(s) done as companions, who would you choose and what animal species? Just as a quick example, I've seen Anoé as a bearded dragon and Rowan/Felix as red and silver foxes respectively.

Hrm... Nym (post reincarnation) as a non-demi falcon lady. She would have to get her hands on a halberd somewhere, though.

For those who care, Nym was a little elven rogue the party hired (after he pickpocketed one of the players' character). Kei's character (Anoe, as previously mentioned) kinda/sorta was interested in him romantic-like, but was turned off by the "guy" aspects, being a lesbian and all. Nae's character, Talindra, held a GIANT torch for the little man. He did his job well, and reliably for quite a while. Until, one day, Talindra got a little mind-controlled by a bad guy. And attacked Nym, with both swords, on what was called a "Full Attack Action" back in the D&D 3.25 (we were using 3.0 with SOME stuff from 3.5) days. She, uhm, rolled a 20 on the first attack. She confirmed, with a 20. We were young, and stupid, so she rolled to confirm for an auto-kill. She rolled a 20. It was the best rolling I think I've ever seen Nae have in a game, ever.

Poor Nym, you couldn't find but so many pieces of his corpse. So, Anoe, being a druid, went to reincarnate him. I had a bit of a modded table for it being Faerun & all (more & crazier races than the default). And, as luck would have it, he came back as a species of winged elf. Oh, and a woman.

Which means a bit of role reversal for Nym, and for Anoe & Talindra.

Anyways, I love rogues, I like birds, and Nym had so many little bits of me stuffed into his/her tiny frame. And most of my more recent NPCs are too thoroughly tied to setting to feel comfy ripping them out & putting them elsewhere. Maybe Black Tony (look up thread, people) as a Fox Demi.

Back to Nym, "halberd what?" people who aren't Kei and Nae are asking. So, that, well, they were facing enemies that Nym just couldn't hurt much. But, they'd collected a magical halberd off some Big-Bad a while back. It was in Nym's bag of holding. Nym could fly. The gears started turning in her head. She went up 200, maybe 300 feet. Pulled out the halberd. Gravity did the rest of the work.

Halberds kind of became this flying rogue's signature weapon after that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: